Merry Christmas, Astroworkers!
It’s been a little while since we’ve seen any updates for Nom Nom Galaxy, but we elves have been working hard behind the scenes. We’ve left a bounty of Nom Nom presents under our Cosmic Christmas Tree for everyone!
The first present under our tree is a new way for Astroworkers customize their bases. These nifty escalators will transport soup and ingredients up or down automatically and add some variety to base designs.
This is sure to make Astroworkers who construct huge bases happy. We’ve added a crystal generator that can supply additional power to your base. You’ll have to find crystals hidden on the planets in order to create one first though.
If you’ve ever dreamed about zipping around the planet quickly, the new Warp Gates are right up your alley. For the cost of a little matter, you can teleport to and from your office to different Warp Gates that you set up around the map.
Our last big present is something we’re cooking up for our PixelJunk Monsters and Tower Defense fans. Astroworkers can now build Stun Towers to stop fast moving enemies and give your Shot Towers time to attack them.
There’s a lot more under the tree, so check out details below.
- Added new research tiers to increase rocket speed. Speed can be increased 5 times, with a 10% increase each time. Key cost will increase by one with each upgrade.
- Added Warp Gate to research. Costs 10 keys to unlock.The Office serves as the warp gate home. Multiple gates can be built and the Astroworker will travel round robin to each gate before returning back to the office. Warping costs matter that increases according to distance.
- Added Escalator to research. Cost 3 keys to unlock.
- Added Long Throw to research.
- Added Stun Tower to research. Costs 4 keys to unlock. Stun Towers will temporarily stop enemy movement within their range.
- Added Building Defense Up to research.
- Added Crystal Generator to research. Crystal Generators supply additional power to base equal to the main office. Astroworkers must find a crystal on the planet in order to construct a generator. Crystals can be found on Iddil, Pomelyk, and Apoxus-67.
- Added new in-game BGM some stages
- Adjusted the timing of punches to make it easier to combo.
- Added knockback to the shotgun when enemy gets hit
- Added some knockback when you punch enemies
- Astroworkers can now do a rapid fire punch at the expense of some of their oxygen.
- Adjusted the action icons (Eat, Plant, Ladder, etc.)
- Increased the damage on the Dash Punch from 10 to 15. You can’t cancel out of this attack now.
- Added radar function to soup factories. Radar on the factory will now direct you to the closest ingredient. In 2P mode, the factory will find ingredients close to the last player to put an ingredient into the factory.
- Added a day timer at the bottom of the screen.
- With the Maintenance Menu open, you can now us L1 R2 (1, 2 on keyboard) to switch between buildings in the area.
- Changed the unlock key icon.
- Added button prompts to proceed on the Earnings Report and Research menus.
- Collectables (matter, floppy disks) can now be transported via treadmills.
- Charlie and Charles can now pick up items from the storage.
- Oxygen will no longer block water.
- You can no longer build a second base and must use Crystal Generators for additional base power.
- Fixed players being able to put items into buildings that no longer have power.
- Robots will no longer take damage from players.
- Seasonal changes will now be determined on a planet basis, not galaxy-wide.
- Added hint when placing blueprints (Corridor connection hints).
- Astroworkers can no longer punch while grabbing ledges
- Fixed building defense bug fix which would cause buildings destroyed using the maintenance menu to only deal damage to the building instead of destroying it.
- Fixed a bug where picking up an ingredient at the last second of decay would cause it to become invisible.
- Fixed a bug while climbing ladders underwater.
- Fixed a bug where the character would not be placed properly on the ladders.
- Fixed a bug where carrying a robot that carries a heavy object (soup) would not slow the player.
- Fixed shotgun pellet fire start location.
- Fixed a bug where you can achieve very high speed by punching while floating (In girdiers).
- Fixed problem where wielding a robot would prompt Eat and Plant commands.
- Fixed a bug where the player could climb into walls while getting hit by monsters.
- Fixed a bug which would cause the Astroworker to stop mid-attack if touched by enemies