Hello! Lead Artist Yamatron here with your weekly update!
Last week we modified the oxygen so that it causes plants to grow faster. This week we”ve further expanded that concept!
When you enter one of Nom Nom”s strange worlds, you”ll find that a new special plant has invaded the biosphere! This new plant, the OxyFlower, produces large amounts of oxygen as it grows. Astroworkers who find and harvest this rare plant will be able to set up fast growing farms at the place of their choosing. You can also use casino online it to make new recipes!
This update also has our first update for language support: Portuguese!
“Wait… Why Portuguese,” you might be asking yourself.
Well, we”re excited to announce that Nom Nom Galaxy was recently nominated for THREE awards at the upcoming Brazil Independent Games Festival! Nom Nom Galaxy will compete in the Best Art, Best Gameplay, and Best Game categories. We”re honored to be competing against games such as Tengami, Secrets of Rætikon, The Stanley Parable, Gorogoa, and many other great indie games. Of course, Q-Games will be at the festival that week to show off our cooking prowess! Wish us luck!
Hello everyone! Beer-chuggin’ artist Yamamura here with this week’s update! Folks looking to build their own farms will find this week’s update particularly helpful!
Substantial changes have been made to the way that oxygen pockets affect plants:
- Plants in oxygen will now grow at an accelerated rate
- Any plants in the oxygen pocket will not disappear when the day changes
- We’ve randomized resets of plants and animals outside of the oxygen pockets
- Oxygen will now expand past ladders
- Astroworkers can now plant vines! While holding an appropriate plant, jump towards the ceiling and press the ‘plant’ button
This week marks the one month anniversary of our Early Access launch. It’s been an eye-opening experience, to say the least! Our first order of business has been making sure that everyone can have a go at making their own soupy base. And to that end, we’ve been hard at work improving compatibility, fixing bugs, and optimizing code. We know that we’ve still got a long way to go! We want to hear your feedback, so feel free to jump into the Nom Nom Galaxy Community on Steam and let us know what you think. You can also upload screens of cool bases or fan art and we’ll be sure to share it on Twitter and Facebook!
Most importantly, we’d like to thank all of the fans that believe in PixelJunk and Nom Nom Galaxy. We’ve come so far in the month with your help! We appreciate everyone that takes time to report bugs, offer feedback, and posts videos or screenshots. Thanks to you the soup is getting more delicious each week!
Welcome back! Beer-loving artist Yamatron here! The weather is getting warmer, which makes the beer that much more delicious! But enough about beer! Let’s get into this week’s updates!
You can now hold items while using vehicles!
When the building maintenance menu is opened, it will now highlight the building that you are modifying.
A clock will now appear when the day is drawing to a close. Make sure you finish your work!
A new naming convention [ver 00.00] for the versions will now appear on the title screen. (I know that has everyone SUPER excited! ^_^)
Here are this week’s bug smashes:
- Fixed bug that would cause the game to crash when the player died.
- Fixed menu bug for “throw”, “eat” and “plant”
- Fixed bugs causing some displays icons, such as “throw” to appear when those actions aren’t possible.
- Replaced all controller help icons with proper icons when using keyboard + mouse, i.e, switching weapons and rotating blueprints.
- Fixed bug causing players to stop moving when opening the maintenance menu while on a ladder.
- Disclaimer notice when launching the game will now only display in the language the game is set to.
- Operating instructions will now only display in the language the game is set to.
And that’s what we have for this week! It’s almost been a month since we started Early Access. We’ve received a ton of feedback – both praise and criticism! We’re grateful to all of our Early Access Astroworkers! Thank you for the help and we’ll continue working hard to make Nom Nom Galaxy the amazing title we know it can be. More delicious things are on the way!
Nom Nom GALAXY!!!
Nom Nom GALAXY!!!
Nom Nom GALAXY!!!
Hey! Your friendly neighborhood beer-loving designer Yamatron here. Cherry blossoms are in full bloom in Kyoto this time of year. It’s the perfect time to crack open a beer and enjoy the beauty of nature!
It’s also a great time to enjoy Nom Nom Galaxy!
This was a short week for us – Q-Games had a little spring break to enjoy the cherry blossoms – so there are only a few updates and bug fixes.
- Weapons will now automatically equip when picked up.
- We’re testing out a new UI interface with context sensitive icons on the left side of the screen for both keyboard + mouse and controller players. Please let us know what you think. At the moment, vehicle actions haven’t been implemented.
- Fixed a bug causing weapon batteries, like the sword, to incorrectly reset after a player dropped and then re-equipped them.
- Fixed a bug causing building maintenance menus to become stuck on the screen under some conditions, like using them while riding a vehicle.
- Some buildings were magically receiving power while disconnected from the main base. This has been fixed.
- Recipe Maker
- Shot Tower
- Missile Tower
- Fixed a bug causing soup rockets to remain hovering in the air upon return if the Soup Launcher lost power.
See you next week!
Hello! I’m the beer and robot loving artist Yamatron! Today snow has been falling in Kyoto!
I added a new robot asset. He is a guard robot! He attacks the enemy approaching him.
…mmm. too strong? :) Adjustment is necessary.
Ok! See you guys next week!
Hello! I’m the beer and robot loving artist Yamatron! The cold days roll on here but, days like these are great for beer too.
This week we implemented some visual changes for a day-night cycle!! Using colour filters, we can get the changes from morning to afternoon, afternoon to evening.
Personally, I like the red-tinged sunset like best. Right now I’m thinking of another new background style. When I’m done I’ll post it on the blog. See you guys next week!!
”Writeman” here with “Astroworkers ep.05”. Is this latest issue the conclusion for now to our Astroworkers’ story? “Do you continue?”
Hi! I’m the beer & robot loving artist Yamatron!today is last post of 2013!
Thank you for seeing a lot of blog this year!
see you next year!!
Hi! I’m the beer & robot loving artist Yamatron!
This week, we made new coworker robot
His name is Hank!!
He is throw up ingredient & soup can!
He can’t move on their own, you need to carry to any point .
You can use it in conjunction with side robot Bill & Phil,
automation of the base should proceed further.
Hi there! I’m the beer & robot loving artist Yamatron!
My work colleagues have been increased! And, they’re robots!
…although just in-game robots.
Robots that will help the Astroworkers in the base have been implemented this week. Picking up ingredients, they put them in factory, automatically! Now, it’s easier to expand production. Above all, it’s not lonely!